伤害算法 - Combat calculations
Combat calculations system is very similar to H3’s. The difference between two opposed unit stacks is based on their respective attack and defense value. This difference generates a multiplier to the damage dealt from the attacker, which is subtracted to the stack’s health of the defender.
In Heroes VII, hero’s stats simply are added to creatures ones, allowing players to easily grasp the interest of a spell or an ability (for instance, if an ability gives a +5 attack bonus, the target receive a +5 bonus to its stats and that’s it).
英雄数值属性 - Hero stats
Now that we introduced the calculation topic, it is the perfect timing to go deeper on the hero’s stats!
In Heroes VII, we decided to go back to the roots of this area and reduce stats to 7. The functions of these are similar to those in Heroes III, with the addition of the hero damage (since the hero can attack a stack directly).
- Might (adds to creature attack)
- Defense (adds to creature defense)
- Magic (increases the power of spells)
- Spirit (increases the mana pool)
- Leadership (adds to creature morale)
- Destiny (adds to creature luck)
幸运和士气 - Luck and morale
Luck and morale are prominent in heroes VII. You can play with those as actual game changers. Factions like Haven can bet their victory on their high morale, granting additional actions, and therefore additional damage. Undeads can play their debuffing abilities to send their enemies into negative morale, sometimes forcing them to miss a complete turn!
Luck can be boosted to deal critical attacks but also lowered to cause fumbles (critical failure) and low damage!
战术单位 - Warfare units
In memory of the ballista and healing tent, Heroes VII brings back the same game function in more faction-specific style, and therefore changes names. As introduced previously with Heroes VI, they can be machines or creatures and are unique per army. Heroes can specialize in their use and buy buildings to empower them.
- The attack unit is the heir of the ballista : it’s a ranged damage dealing machine or creature.
- The support unit is the heir of the healing tent : it buffs or heals creatures in the army.
- The siege unit is the their of the catapult : it attacks a town’s wall to create an opening.
魔法 - Magic
The magic guild and spell acquisition in Heroes VII is deeply inspired from Heroes III, and will be the topic an upcoming article. Stay tuned!
兵种能力 - Creature abilities
In Heroes VII, creatures tend to have less abilities, and use more passive abilities similar to those found in Heroes III (e.g.: Medusa attacks have XX% chance to turn enemies to stone). Some trigger on critical attacks, some work all the time, overall, the player has less to read and click, and more to think.
种族混编 - Multi-faction play
In Heroes VII, having no town conversion pushes the player to play more than just one faction at a time either by mixing armies or by leading more heroes to the front, just like in Heroes III. An interesting challenge.
资源 - Resources
As already explained in this article, Heroes VII goes back to 7 resources just like in Heroes III, only with different names.
地图编辑器 - Map editor
With Heroes VII, we want to provide the player with the same freedom to create maps, campaigns, and a powerful and versatile editor is being developed to that end. Our ambition is to give the opportunity to map makers from all horizons and level of expertise to unleash their creativity like they were able to do with Heroes III map editor. This one is of course our main reference (along with H4 one) for this tool development and we wish to go even further! We are looking forward sharing with you more information on this topic!
- 核心兵种 - Core Creatures
- Fire Pit: Allows to recruit Cabeiri Masters
- Silver Parapet: Allows to recruit Obsidian Gargoyles
- Golem Foundry: Allows to recruit Sandstone Golems
- 精英兵种 - Elite Creatures
- Pinnacle of Wishes: Allows to recruit Djinn Channeler
- Golden Pavilion: Allows to recruit Rakshasa Rajas
- University of Magic: Allows to recruit Disciples
- 冠军兵种 - Champion Creatures
- Thundercloud Coliseum: Allows to recruit Titans
- Arcane Vortex: Allows to recruit Simurghs
- 战术单位 - Warfare Units
- Workshop: Allows to buy a Healing Tent
- Pyramidal Craft: Allows to buy a Small Pyramid
- 英雄建筑 - Heroes Buildings
- Hall of Heroes: Allows to recruit Heroes
- Mana Core: Doubles visiting hero`s max mana until the end of the week
- Magic Guild: Allows Heroes to learn spells (4 levels)
- Arcane Library: Provides an additional spell per rank for the Magic Guild
- 英雄相关建筑 - Additional Heroes related buildings
- Inscriber: Provides the town screen window to buy scrolls
- Artefact Recycler: Provides the town screen window to recycle artefacts
- Thieves Guild: Provides the town screen window to spy enemies and give overview of the game status
- Town Portal: Allows Heroes to be teleported to the town (with the right spell), In Heroes VII we decided not to keep H6 town portal system. The town portal only allows you to be teleported to this town if you hero have the right spell for this. However, like it was on previous games, this spell only can teleport you to the nearest town.
- 资源建筑 - Resources Buildings
- Marketplace: Provides the town screen window to trade resources
- Resource Silo: Produces random resources each day
- Alchemist Lab: Provides one unit of dragon blood crystal each day
- 城防建筑 - Fortifications:
- Castle: Equips the town with walls and gates in siege combats. Equips the town with level 3 local guards
- Lightning Pyramid: Provides the town with 3 Small Pyramids in siege combats. Additionally, it regenerates attack warfare units of the town`s faction at the end of a combat if it was destroyed
- Casting Stage: Grants the player special bonuses when the town is under attack
- 市政建筑 - Town Hall Upgrades
- Capitol: Raises the daily income to 4000 gold / day. There can be only one Capitol per player and per map
- Arcane Portal: Provides 5000 gold / day and additional great bonuses (to discover soon!)